Monday, August 2, 2010

First Time For Everything

My Madeline quilt is completely finished!  This wasn't my first quilt, but it was a lot of other firsts for me in quilting.  First time making flying geese, first time making star blocks, and the first time completely putting a binding on by myself (thanks to some good instruction from Mom and YouTube).  I just love this little quilt and I'll definitely  be making another one someday to keep for myself.  This one gets to go live at my bestie's house now.




Steven and I both had the weekend off of work which is very rare, so we enjoyed spending the time together and I didn't get much sewing done.  I did however learn how to make little 1" hexies with paper hexagon pieces and I got about 100 of those made.  I'm finding with doing the binding and then the hexies that I think I like hand sewing.  These little hexies will be a great project to keep around and work on while watching tv or waiting in doctors office waiting rooms, etc. After making 100 this weekend, my hands are a little sore, but I'm sure once I get used to hand-sewing more often they'll be fine.  I hope everyone had a great weekend, and I'm wishing you all a happy Monday as well!

See ya later!

3 comments:

  1. I have this kit to make and you are making me want to start it now.

    Did you quilt that yourself, it turned out fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Caylee...Gorgeous!!!
    100 hexies....really, the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now all we need is a label and a hanging pocket and you are good to go!!! I am sooo proud of you. BTW you are ahead of me on the hexies..lol

    ReplyDelete