Friday, July 30, 2010

I think my camera is mad at me.

We bought a little Fuji Finepix point and shoot camera a few months ago to replace our huge Kodak monstrosity that was really just too much camera for us.  Since we've had the new camera, I can't get a single picture to turn out right. Either the flash is waaaay to bright, or if I turn it off the picture is fuzzy/blurry. So I've resigned the camera to a drawer until I figure out what the problem is.  Either its some magical skill that the rest of the world possesses and I seem to be lacking, or my new camera is as I suspect, a piece of crap.


I do have a finish to show you, but I'll have to borrow my mom's camera to get the pics.  It's my Madeline quilt, I finally got the binding on!  I'm probably the slowest quilter I know.  Part of the problem is no real space to dedicate to quilting.  When I do quilt I take up the entire dining room and the kitchen island and its still a pretty tight fit.  When I'm done I have to pack everything up neatly and then it still takes up the better part of my dining room table.  So if I want my house to appear put together, or to have dinner at the table, or company over then I have to find somewhere else to shove everything at the last minute.  I've decided to find and armoire or a cabinet of some type on Craigslist that I can easily put everything in while I'm not using it.  I've got my eye on one already, but it will have to be painted before I'm truly happy with it  Wish me luck!

Photo Credit: Food Network


Finally, I promised the recipe earlier this week for Chicken Salad Stuffed Tomatoes.  Its a recipe from Paula Deen and its probably my favorite summer dish. I usually serve it it with garlic bread. It's light and yummy, great for these oppressively hot evenings. 


*You can even roast the tomatoes first for a slightly different flavor, I've done it both ways.
* I always add a little bit of honey mustard too, just to taste.


Ingredients
6 large tomatoes
2 cups cooked and cubed chicken (Paula Deen recommends using a rotisserie chicken and I concur!)
1/2 cup minced red bell pepper
1/2 cup corn, drained
1 1/2 tablespoons minced red onion
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
Leaf lettuce or spinach leaves


Directions
Cut 1/2-inch off top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp from tomatoes. Lightly salt inside tomatoes and turn tomatoes upside down on paper towels to drain.
In a medium bowl, combine chicken, bell pepper, corn, and onion.
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and next 6 ingredients. Pour over chicken, tossing gently to coat.
Line tomatoes with leaf lettuce or spinach leaves. Spoon chicken salad evenly into tomatoes. Refrigerate or serve immediately.


Tata for now,




No comments:

Post a Comment