Friday, July 2, 2010

Baby Steps

So I think I've already mentioned somewhere on here that I'm a novice quilter. I started last year. My aunt has been quilting for years and years and has made some absolutely beautiful quilts (that I covet).

My mom had been interested in quilting for a while and about a year and a half ago she decided to give it a try. She really enjoyed it and got me interested as well. If you're thinking about trying quilting, then I say go for it! It's totally addicting.


This is my second quilt (still adding the binding in the photo), made with the help of my mom for my sister for Christmas. This is a Schnibbles pattern called Darcy by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. The fabric is called Eva, I think the designer is Basic Grey.







This is my third quilt. Same pattern because I just loved it, but this one was just for me. Right before we had to take it to the quilters I got very sick so my mom did help piece the rows together to get it finished up. She's such a good Mom! The fabric in this one is one of my all-time faves, Mill House Inn by Fig Tree Quilts. This hangs on my dining room wall.





This is my fourth quilt. Another Schnibbles pattern called Madeline by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. The fabric is another one of my faves, Rouenneries by French General. My aunt gave me the pattern and I made this as a housewarming gift for me best friend. It's currently at the long arm quilter's, so I'll post another pic when its all quilted and binding added.





This is my fifth quilt. The pattern is one of two in a pattern called Double Dip by Thimble Blossoms. The fabric is Simple Abundance by Bonnie and Camille. As you can see, the borders have not yet been put on this one. It's a Christmas gift for a little girl, and I'll be making another soon in the more boyish colors from the same fabric line for her little brother for Christmas. I just love this pattern, so who knows, I may make it several times in different fabrics.





This is a little table runner I made last Saturday. The fabric is the new line Bliss by Bonnie and Camille. I'm in LOVE with this fabric. FatQuarterShop.com was selling a new cut by Moda called "Candy Bars" in some of the new lines that don't come out until September. This is a Bliss candy bar, some white yardage, and some minty green, kinda bluish yardage I had in my stash (my itty bitty tiny stash! LOL) The pattern was kind of improvised from a pattern that came with the candy bars. Pretty much all of the white and print fabric is from the pattern, and the green sashing and borders were my little addition to make it a bit bigger and give it some contrast. I think this is going to be my first attempt at machine quilting, so wish me luck!

I think I'm going to go put the borders on the Zig Zag quilt. I'm so glad to have this 3 day weekend, maybe I'll even start something new! Happy Independance Day to all of my fellow Americans.


No comments:

Post a Comment