Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Is It Christmas???

Recently my parents traveled out of state to visit our extended family in Oklahoma.  While they were there, my mom and Aunt Ranette had their second annual "Quilt Camp."  It started last summer when my mom had decided that she wanted to learn how to quilt.  They cram tons of learning and quilting (and I think a bit of shopping too, shhhhh)  into a few days.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to make the trip out to OK to attend one of these adventures, but I'm hoping one day I'll get to participate.  Luckily, Mom brings home all of the wonderful knowledge and skills that Aunt Ranette bestows upon her and teaches me.  So when my parents rolled back into town this weekend I was excited for this week because I knew I'd get to see some of the great stuff that they worked on, as well as learn something new.  I didn't expect that they would come home with a bundle of gifts FOR ME!!!  The women in my family are so generous.  I guess even though I wasn't there in person, they kept me there in thought when they visited the shops.  What a lucky lady I am!

An adorable bag, patterns, a pincushion kit, 2 charms packs, a fat quarter bundle, a pretty new Olfa rotary cutter, 3 books and a little notepad!  Wow, somebody pinch me!



This Schnibbles pattern called "Good Fortune" is one that I've had my eye on for about a month.  I think I've even had it in a few online shopping carts more than once and for some reason hadn't purchased it yet.  I LOVE it.  I can't wait to make it and I think the Park Avenue fabric from 3 Sisters for Moda will look just right.  Thanks Aunt Ranette!



Just look at this Olfa cutter covered in Gerber daisies.  How cute is this?  I can't wait to get to cutting (which is usually my least favorite part).  Thanks Mama!

Someday when I have daughters and nieces, I hope I'm even half as thoughtful as these two wonderful ladies are.

On a side note, I picked up my Madeline quilt from the long-arm quilter today and it looks fantastic.  Now I have to get the binding on and then I'll post a picture before it goes off to live on my bff's new dining room wall.  Now that I see it quilted, I really wish I could keep it.  I guess I'll just have to make another one for me.

See ya later alligator!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked all of your presents Caylee! You are easy to buy for...lol...just like me! Did your mom tell you that someday you have to make me a bag out of the purse book I got you :o)

    I LOVE my charm packs that you sent for my birthday...I've already made a little table runner from one of them (I kind of messed it up a bit). Thank you, thank you...I'll call you later!

    You are welcome to come to my house any time and I'll teach you everything I know and then some :o) Love you...rkt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for everything, you're awesome! Mom did mention that you wanted a purse, but she can't remember which one. Please send a pic of the tablerunner, I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete