Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Anything is cuter with a ruffle on the butt!

At least anything to do with baby and little girls that is.  With this in mind and a friend expecting a new baby girl, I set out to add some ruffles to the rear ends of some cute little onesies I bought at Target.  I decided to use t-shirts for the ruffles, because I didn't want them to fray.  Click here to see a blog with a great tutorial on making a ruffle-butt onesie. 
My ingredients: Cute little monkey onesie and t-shirt strips

My ruffles, awaiting a onesie-butt

Pinning the first ruffle on (making sure to unsnap the onesie first so I don't sew it closed!)

And the finished product! 

If I ever have a little girl, she'll never go a day without a ruffle trailing behind her.  I've also got my eyes on a few other baby projects to tackle for this little lady, as well as a new nephew we're expecting some time this spring.  I started a baby quilt today for him which I hope to finish lickety-split. 

We're right in the middle of redecorating our master bedroom right now, which HAS to be done by the time Steven's family visits mid March.  At least that gives me a deadline to work with.  But until then my house is turned upside down.  Aaaahhhhggg!

To much of the USA covered in feet of snow from the Feb 1st blizzards, I'm sending warm toasty thoughts your way!  God-willing, we'll all be seeing Spring soon.  I hear ol' Punxsutawney Phil did NOT see his shadow yesterday so perhaps soon we'll see more of this:
And even if that means my husband will have our television overtaken by this:

That's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Keep warm everyone!


1 comment: